24 hour Neapolitan 2018-10-24T06:48:08+00:00
Stai vedendo 10 articoli - dal 1 a 10 (di 10 totali)
  • Autore
    Articoli
  • TXCraig1TXCraig1
    Partecipante

Baked for 50 seconds or less in the Pizza Party at 500F, this will make the softest, tenderest, melt-in-your-mouth pizza you can imagine.

1000g water

1600g flour (+/- depending on the thirst of the flour)

45g salt

1g instant yeast

I use simple unmalted all-purpose flour. You do not necessarily need to flour though it does not need to be unmalted (no malted barley or enzymes listed in the ingredients). Caputo Pizzeria or other similar flour will be substitute directly.

Add to the mixer, dissolve in the salt, then add the flour and mix on the slow speed for 3-5 minutes until it is mixed, but it does not need to look very smooth. Take a dough out of the bowl and let the dough rest for about 15 minutes, then knead by hand to dozen or so until you start to get tight. It should now be generally smooth. Place dough in a lightly oiled plastic container or food bag and ferment for 12 hours at 16-17C *.

After 12 hours, ball the dough tightly and ferment for an additional 12 hours at 16-17C. I ferment the balls in wood boxes that you absorb a tiny bit of moisture from the bottom of the dough balls.

My typical bake times are 45-50 seconds at 500C on the Saputo deck.

* This recipe requires maintaining fairly precise temperature control for 24 hours which can be difficult without an electric cooler – something like a wine cooler. I think 16-17C produces the best results in both flavor and texture, but the yeast can be adapted to other fermentation temperatures with this table: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26831.msg511590#msg511590

Share this page
      TXCraig1TXCraig1
      Partecipante
        SimoneSimone
        Amministratore del forum
          airbornewilly
          Partecipante

Hi Craig,

Do you have an electric cooler than you recommend? I just picked up a fairly nice wine fridge from Lowes with an adjustable thermostat.  Seems to hold temp fairly well but I have seen variation as much as 3 degrees F.  Is that acceptable? Thanks!

TXCraig1TXCraig1
            Partecipante

3F swings should be no problem. That’s a bit better than I get. Here is how I do it: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18509.msg179991.html#msg179991

TXCraig1TXCraig1
              Partecipante

Also, if you haven’t seen it, this chart can help you find a starting point to tune your yeast quantity to whatever fermentation time/temperature combination you need: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26831.msg511590#msg511590

airbornewilly
                Partecipante

At what point do you add the IDY? Room temp water ok? Thanks Craig!

TXCraig1TXCraig1
                  Partecipante

Yes, water straight from the tap. I dissolve the salt into the water, then the yeast, then add the flour.

airbornewilly
                    Partecipante

Awesome. Thanks for all the help!

Xavier
                      Partecipante

Looks awesome!

Stai vedendo 10 articoli - dal 1 a 10 (di 10 totali)

Devi essere loggato per rispondere a questa discussione.